Prittlewell and District Angling Society
PADAS has a long and interesting history that goes back 60+years. The club was formed during Sep. 1957 after Alf Ranson a keen angler who regularly fished at Priory Park, Southend decided to inform other like minded anglers and friends of his intention of forming an angling club. A meeting was arranged at his home to discuss the matter further, resulting in a club being formed, a committee being elected and a set of rules created. The club was to be called ‘Prittlewell and District Angling Society’ (PADAS).
The club leased the fishing rights on several local waters (Priory Park, Ballards Gore, Hadleigh (Blue Lagoon) and Star Lane before eventually purchasing the two waters that they own today – Eastwood Rise and Hullbridge.
The spirit of the early years is still very evident today as the club maintains the values and friendliness of those early pioneers.
Existing member log-in